Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Enterprise Information Systems and Web Technologies

I recently got back from speaking at the Enterprise Information Systems and Web Technologies conference in Orlando Florida. There I presented my paper on an Object-Oriented rules engine. In the talk I shared examples of when businesses need to coordinate, track data, and policy check between organizations. Such as in transportation, satellite data tracking, and contract management. I outlined the following requirements and went into detail on the various components of the system.

Requirements
Reduce the investment costs and time
Policies understandable by domain experts
Rules must not inadvertently interfer with one another
Model complex domains
Easily adapted to change
Policy rules have access to external services
Track all state changes both their cause and effect

The talk was well received and posed some interesting discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment